Ohakune Chalet Accomodation
So that members could more easily access the Turoa ski field and the Ohakune region, the Pinnacle Ski Club invested in the alpine village and subsequently built another two storey chalet.
The Turoa Lodge provides an alternative form of ski accommodation for families who prefer a drive-to-the-door style winter holiday.
Pinnacle Club members can eat in the ski lodge or use the many restaurants and hotels to be found in Ohakune during the ski season.
Members with very young children or older teenagers often prefer the Turoa ski fields and so tend to frequent this Ohakune winter accommodation.
About the Turoa Ski Lodge
The Turoa Lodge is located in the Turoa Resort Village, Ohakune.
The chalet provides accommodation for 20 people, it is set in quiet, park-like surroundings and offers a tranquil location with 'drive to the door' convenience.
The Lodge is a short walk from the main shopping centre, restaurants and hotels. From our accommodation, the Turoa ski field is just a 20 minute drive.
Not only a source of winter accommodation, our Ohkune chalet is open year round and is used by many of our members during the summer months to enjoy the natural tranquillity of the mountain and its surrounds.
Features of the Turoa (Ohakune) lodge include:
- Drive to the door accommodation
- Resort village location providing access to common areas and tennis courts
- Access to the Ohakune restaurants and full shopping centre
- Large, comfortable lounge
- Excellent cooking facilities with all dry goods supplied
- Five bunk rooms, each with separate ensuite bathrooms
- Ski workshop area and large drying room
- Cook available for weekend dinner during the ski season
- Duvets/quilts and blankets provided
- Table tennis and entertainment area on lower floor.
- Available for all-year-round activities
Turoa Ski Field
Located on the south western side of the majestic Mount Ruapehu, this ski field is characterised by a wide variety of runs and accommodates a range of skill levels. There are two beginner areas, as well as many intermediate and advanced trails which feature natural pipes, fast plains, and steep descents. Turoa has 34 named runs and it is possible to traverse this ski field to access Whakapapa.
For more information on our two chalet accommodation options, or to enquire about becoming a member of the Pinnacle Ski Club, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 021 0236 8262.